Outreach at Coolville Elementary
- Tuesday, November 17th
- Meet at Clippinger at 1:00 PM
- Wear Meteorology or OU gear
- If you ever have any 2-liter bottles or Snapple bottles, please save them and bring them to Scalia!
- Sing-ups being passed around
- From 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Sunday, November 15th At 11:00 AM
- Sign-up is being passed around
- You have to have watched the video and signed the permission form to participate!
- Two separate guesses
- First actual snowfall where it sticks
- First time we get an accumulation of over an inch
- Winner of each one will get a $10 gift card to somewhere on Court Street of their choice
- You are allowed to pick the same dates as someone else, but it’s more fun if everyone has different dates!
- Sunday, November 22nd from 2:30 PM – 3:50 PM
- Admission is free with OU student ID
- Skate rental is $3.50
- If you have not booked your plane ticket, please do so ASAP
- Hotel should be booked this week
- Kelsey and Anjelica need volunteers!
- Doesn’t take much time – lots of design and organizing pictures
Peer Mentor/Mentee Bowling
- Monday, November 16th 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Rollerbowl – Qartermania
Yankee Candle Fundraiser
- If you have packets, please give them to Marshall so he can send them out tomorrow!
- Keep fundraising online!
- Kelsey has them here!
- If you know someone who can’t come to the meetings, have them set up a time to meet her and get it
- Monday, November 23rd from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- We will send the cards in the care package for the troops
- Friday and Saturday February 5th & 6th, 2016
- This is also Sibs Weekend here at OU
- Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh
- We stay overnight on Friday – it was around $25 a person last year
- Will also include a tour of NWS Pittsburgh on Saturday after we are done
- Official list will be made next week – please have a definite answer by then!
- We have a cabin trip every spring, late March or early April
- Limited space is available
- Estimate about $75-$80 a person
- Kelsey is the head of the advertising committee for our annual symposium
- Volunteers needed! Great opportunity to get involved with the club and help out
- Newspaper, dining halls, Baker Center
- Paid internship at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH
- Apply by February 8th, 2016
- Full time work for the summer (40 hours a week)
- Priority goes to STEM students
- Since Dr. Fogt won the University Professor award, he gets to teach a class on anything he wants this spring!
- Antarctic Exploration and Climate
- Mostly reading and discussion
- Tuesdays and Thursday 3:05 PM – 4:25 PM
- He is willing to green slip in sophomores and freshmen!
- Doesn’t really fulfill a requirement you need, but it’s a fun elective to take if you have some free time!
Summer Internship Workshops
- How to find and apply for summer internships
- Tuesday, December 1st 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM in Baker 239
- Tuesday, December 1st 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM in Clippinger 332
- Pizza is provided
- RSVP strongly encouraged at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a Great Week!
- James then gave a great weather briefing!